1. MyNetCare allows the sharing of clinical handover and relevant patient information across different organisations, services and practices working within the health care sector in the Newcastle region.
2. It gives clinicians access to a shared clinical handover record in which the following can be viewed and documented:
· Real-time clinical handover from other clinicians and services providing care
· Summary of the patient’s medical history, and current problems.
· Information (entered by the patient) on their current level of wellbeing (i.e. symptom assessment), goals of care, and details of any advanced care plans.
· Details of the patient identified “Person Responsible” and key contacts, as well as information on social supports and current services.
3. Importantly, MyNetCare makes it possible for clinicians across the health sector to access and contribute to the sharing of clear, concise and relevant clinical handover information about patients with advancing illness
4. MyNetCare provides a place where patients can document what is important to them and their goals. This information can be used by the treating team, in consultation with the patient, to help them to provide the most appropriate care.