Diabetes Alliance Workstream
The Hunter Alliance Care for people with diabetes is working on an innovative integrated model of care and development of a registry for diabetes in the Hunter New England region.
The model of care is being rolled out across HNE Health region.
Elements of the model of care include
- Specialist staff learning from General Practice Teams
- Endocrinologists and diabetes educators come to patients in their GP practice
- Up-skilling patients, GPs and practice staff
- Useful resources for day to day practice: software templates, data recording templates, telehealth, patient activation measure, diabetes passport
- Economically viable for general practice and public specialist services
Early indications are showing improved patient empowerment and the improved GP & practice nurse levels of knowledge & confidence.
Picture: GP Practice Visit
For further information on the Diabetes workstream contact Martha.Parsons@hnehealth.nsw.gov.au